Influence of Alkali on the Coke Properties
Michiharu HATANO, Tomio MIYAZAKI, Yuji IWANAGA
Experiments were conducted on the influence of alkali on the coke properties and the following results were obtained.
(1) The rate of solution loss reaction is dependent appreciably upon the adsorbed alkali in coke ash.
(2) There is little possibility that the alkali attacks the specific coke texture selectively.
(3) It seems that alkali acts as catalysis for solution loss reaction.
(4) The remarkable gasification of coke with alkali degrades the coke properties and makes worse the gas permeability.
(5) Control of the gasification of coke by solution loss reaction is an effective method for preventing the degradation of coke.