STUDIES OF THE SELF-FLUXING SINTER
Koji Sanbongi, Nobunao Nishida
Using Zungun ore as raw material, the specific effect of additives on the sintering processes and sinter properties were studied with a small Greenawalt-type sintering machine.
Additives to the sinter mixture were lime, limestone, calcium hydrate and open hearth slag.
The results obtained were as follows.
(1) The beneficial effect of lime, limestone and calcium hydrate increased to a limit of 4% and finer additives were more effective.
(2) For using these additives, it was understood that the moderate moisture was given the sufficient strength.
(3) By using the open hearth slag, the strength of the sinter were very increased.
(4) By using these additives except the open hearth slag, the reducibility of the sinter were increased.
(5) From observation of mineral constituents by a microscope, it was found that composition and nature of matrix in the sinter had influenced the strength and reducibility of the sinter.