Terms of Service
'Steel Science Portal'(hereinafter referred to as 'this service') is a service provided by The Iron and Steel Institute of Japan (hereinafter referred to as 'ISIJ').
To use this service, all the users of this service are required to consent to this Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as 'TOS').
By using or accessing this service, you agree to this TOS.
This TOS is subject to change; please refer to the latest version of the TOS.
1: User and Registration
- The term 'user(s)' of this service is the general term for registered users and guest users.
- Registered users are individuals who entered and sent information required for user registration and then was approved by ISIJ.
- Guest users are individuals who utilize this service without registration.
- Users who wish to use this service can ask ISIJ for registration by approving TOS and by providing certain information ISIJ requires for registration in a way we provide.
- Registered users are responsible and liable for the personal information they provided.
- Registered users can change their personal information anytime.
2: Precautions for Use
- Registered users should keep and manage their email addresses and passwords on their own responsibility. We, ISIJ, assumes no responsibility for the loss or damage caused by the lost, theft or misuse of the email addresses or/and passwords by third parties.
- The data ISIJ receives from users shall be handled properly in compliance with 'Date Use Policy’ which is provided separately.
- Registered users and guest users can use this service for free of charge. However, users may be charged communication fees by communication service providers when using this service via PCs or mobile phones.
If users wish to withdraw from this service, they can do it at Account Setting by canceling their account. When a user withdraws from this service, she/he will lose all the rights on this service and the account is removed irreversibly.
4: Personal Information
ISIJ does not disclose personal information of users to third parties besides cooperative enterprises with which ISIJ signed a non-disclosure agreement, except for the cases stated below:
- Cases in which ISIJ reasonably judges that it is necessary to disclose personal information in accordance with laws and ordinances.
- Cases in which the disclosure of personal information is urgently required for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is specially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which we judge it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned.
- Cases in which the service provider changes as a result of merger or otherwise, and we judge it is necessary to transfer personal information in order to continue this service.
5: Copyrights and other intellectual property rights
The copyrights of articles or indices searched and shown in this service, or other intellectual property rights belong to the sites they are originally from, and/or to research institutes such as college, learned society, or other organizations, and/or to authors.
Additionally, copyrights for compilation works on layouts and designs of this site belong to ISIJ. Users are prohibited to utilize those sets of information except for the personal use.
Upon the use of this service, ISIJ prohibits the acts of users which do or may fall under the prohibitions stated below.
- Acts against the TOS or laws and ordinances
- Acts against public order and morals
- Acts results in or recommend/encourage criminal acts
- Acts of slander against other users or third parties or ones can cause disadvantage to others
- Acts of infringement of copyrights or intellectual property rights of ISIJ or others
- Acts of infringement of property or privacy of ISIJ or others
- Acts which can give disadvantage to ISIJ or others
- Acts of slander against ISIJ or others
- False registration of information upon the use of our service includes user registration
- Misuse of email addresses or passwords
- Acts of letting IDs/passwords of oneself or other registered users use by others by loan, transfer, name change as well as buying and selling them
- Acts of spoofing
- Acts of attacking this service, or deliberately place a load on the system of this service
- Wrongful acts which deliberately affect the operation of this service
- Acts which can produce financial interests
- Solicitation activities for organizations, services, activities which have nothing to do with this service
- Acts of advertisement, publicity, or solicitation toward third parties without ISIJ's permission
- Other inappropriate acts under socially accepted conventions
7: Suspension/Stoppage of Service
- ISIJ may stop or suspend providing all or part of this service without notice to registered users in the cases below:
- In case ISIJ is required to do periodic or emergent inspection or maintenance of computer system related to this service
- In case computer or communication line is stopped because of an accident
- n case ISIJ is unable to continue operating this service due to an Act of God beyond our control such as fire, power failure or other natural disasters
- In case linked services outside of this service suffer a trouble, stoppage or suspension of service, or a lost linkage to this service or a change in specification
- In other cases in which ISIJ judges that the stoppage or suspension of this service is needed
- ISIJ may stop providing this service in its own decision. In this case, ISIJ shall announce it to registered users in advance.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for damages caused by actions it taken in accordance with this article.
- ISIJ, whatever the reason may be, assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of delay or suspension of this service.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer as a result of registration, or refusal or cancellation of registration to this service.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or the fitness, for a particular purpose, of the information we acquire through this service.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the damages users or third parties may suffer caused by the information they obtained from this service.
- Users of this service shall resolve dispute between users and users or third parties, which arises with regard to the information or contents of this service, by their own responsibility and expense, and shall never cause damages to ISIJ.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the harmful activities such as nuisances by an user of this service towards another user or a third party.
- ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the troubles users or third parties may suffer on the disclosure of personal information of registered users pursuant to the second clause of Article 4 of TOS.
- ISIJ may delete a part of, or all of the information without notice when transmission of the information by a user falls, or ISIJ judges it may fall, under any of the items of Article 6. ISIJ assumes no responsibility for the damages users may suffer caused by the measures we take based on this clause.
If a user of this service violates this TOS, the user shall compensate ISIJ for the damages it caused.
10: Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This service shall be based upon the laws of Japan, and in the event of any dispute between the parties hereto regarding or arising out of this service, the Tokyo District Court, or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have the sole jurisdiction of first instance to the exclusion of all other courts that may otherwise have had jurisdiction.
Any matter not stipulated in this TOS, or any doubt arising with respect to any provision of this TOS, shall be promptly resolved upon mutual consultation in good faith between ISIJ and users.
Effective: March 10, 2014.
Revised: December 20, 2016.